ChicagoBearsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Could the 2020 Chicago Cubs have speed?
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Mar 22, 2020, 8:04 AM

The famous “Go Cubs Go” song that blasts through the Wrigley Field sound system after every win contains the lyrics: “They’ve got the power, they’ve got the speed” but traditionally the Cubs have lacked in one of those areas.
Full Story »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Could the 2020 Chicago Cubs have speed?

Mar 22, 2020, 12:51 PM

I have said it before and I will say it again Ian Miller is a must to get the 26th and final roster spot on this team. For the season was suspended I had Jason Kipnis earning the opening day 2nd base job with Nico going to the minors for the 1st 2 months. Now that the season is most likely not going to start until June or July I still think Jason Kipnis gets the 2nd base job but I think nico stays in the minor leagues this entire season. If that is the case I fully expect Miller to earn that final roster spot which I believe he already has locked in. He has Impressed a lot with his Batt this Spring but hes always going to be known for his speed. He reminds me of when the cubs had Terrance Gore just with the ability to put the ball in play more consistently he is going to cause problems for lots of teams in the late innings when the game is tied or when the cubs are down by a run as they're trying to put the tying run or go ahead run in scoring position

Mar 23, 2020, 1:59 PM

I agree completely with Kipnis getting the nod at 2B and Nicco going to the minors, especially in a shortened season. I also believe Ian Miller has earned that 26th spot with his hitting and his speed on the base paths.

Mar 23, 2020, 2:15 PM

Sounds like a decent plan

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic