NFL Power Rankings: Bears climb back into Top 15
|Thursday, December 24, 2020, 9:28 AM- -|
Another week has now come and gone in the NFL.
We at BearsHQ would love to deliver our Week 16 NFL Power Rankings after a fun and wild week 15. We decided to just explain the top 15.
1. Chiefs 13-1 - The reigning Super Bowl champions have stayed steady with the top spot in our rankings. After a tough win over the Panthers, the Chiefs continue to rattle off wins and look to be the cream of the crop in the AFC. A strong comeback against the Raiders and domination of the Bucs and Broncos solidifies this choice. A win over the Dolphins and Saints gives the Chiefs the AFC’s top spot and our top spot
2. Packers 11-3 - The Packers quietly went 13-3 last season and started off year 2 of the Matt Lafleur era with a bang and an 11-3 record to show for it. It was a little too close for comfort against the Jaguars, but a win is a win for Green Bay. They’re exciting but beatable — though they’ve looked dominant over the last few weeks.
3. Bills 11-3 - The AFC East belongs to the Bills. Looking to stay hot, the Bills lost a heartbreaker on a Hail Mary play against Arizona. Otherwise, the Bills have been one of the best football teams as of late and proved it when they thumped the Steelers and Broncos in back to back weeks.
4. Seahawks 10-4 - Russell Willson and the Seahawks are now back in our top five. Not that their play has especially impressed us, but some gritty wins puts them in line for a division title and a chance at the first-round bye. Willson is still having a great season, so keep an eye on the Seahawks as they get healthy.
5. Saints 10-4 - After losing in the postseason in heartbreaking fashion three years in a row, Drew Brees returned with a Lombardi trophy in mind. Brees is back from injury, and they only lost to the Chiefs by three points, but two losses in a row puts them in jeopardy for the first-round bye.
6. Titans 10-4 - A year after making the AFC Championship, the Titans looked poised to take advantage of a division that has lacked a true contender. Tennessee retained Ryan Tannehill and Derrick Henry, which was their bread and butter down the stretch. The Titans have had a few tough weeks and got a much-needed victory over the Ravens and followed it up with a huge win over the Colts. They followed that up with a bad performance against the Browns — it's been up and down for Tennessee. But the ups (Derrick Henry) makes them a top 6 team.
7. Ravens 9-5- Baltimore sits at 9-5 after a tough loss in a monsoon against the Patriots, an overtime loss to Tennessee and a five-point loss to Pittsburgh without many starters due to Covid, a rebound win over the Cowboys — and a gritty win over the Browns. The Ravens are looking back to form and back on track as the playoffs approach with a dominant win over the Jaguars.
8. Colts 10-4 - The Colts were in our initial top 15 heading into the year, but a loss at the hands of the Jaguars dropped them out of it. The Colts have been up and down this year, but a strong win over the Titans on Thursday Night Football and then beating the Packers was enough to raise them, but they were then destroyed by the Titans. A nice rebound over the Texans and now Raiders and Texans again keeps the Colts in our top ten.
9. Browns 10-4 - The Browns’ now sit at 10-4 after a tough win against the Giants. They have struggled against their own division, but they know their identity and are certainly a playoff team — and not one I would like to play.
10. Buccaneers 9-5 - A team with tons of expectations is has struggled to live up to them lately. With all of the weapons this team has, the offense has struggled against the Giants and looked terrible against the Saints on Sunday. The Bucs rebounded with a dominant defeat of the Panthers but was then beat by both the Rams and the Chiefs. Off the bye, the Bucs beat the Vikings, but I wasn’t convinced. A come back over the Falcons keeps this team afloat, but I am not convinced about this team.
11. Rams 9-5 - In a year where the Rams were expected to take a step back after losing many pieces after last year, the Rams have turned heads in 13 weeks. The Rams have swept the NFC EAST and lost to the Bills, 49ers, Miami, and now the Jets. These Rams have also whooped the Bears, gave the Seahawks a loss, and beat Brady and the Bucs. The Rams are really looking complete as of late, or so we thought before the 49ers beat them.
But a rebound against the Cardinals and New England leaves them in first in the West. Losing to the Jets bumps the Rams out of our top ten.
12. Steelers 11-2 - The Steelers have looked beatable lately, and they finally took their first loss to the Washington Football team. Now, the Bills handed them their second loss, and the Bengals gave them their third. Steelers are still good but falling fast.
13. Dolphins 9-5 - Whether Ryan Fitzpatrick or Tua Tagovailoa, the Miami Dolphins continue to win games. The Dolphins are in every game, destroyed the 49ers and the Rams now, and beat the Cardinals and Chargers. Do not sleep on the rebuilding Dolphins, even though they came back to life a bit with a loss to the Broncos, because they rebounded with a nice win over the Jets.
This past week a loss to the Chiefs drops them a bit, but they got back on track with a win over the Patriots.
14. Cardinals 8-6 - The Cardinals are back in our top 15 after a strong win over the up-and-coming Giants and Eagles. The Cardinals’ offense got back on track and hope to keep it up as they approach the playoffs and attempt to hold the final Wild Card spot in the NFC.
15. Bears 7-7 - The Bears are back in our top 15 after two nice wins over the Texans and Vikings — and three straight 30 point or more games. This offense looks as good as ever, and the Bears are winning games because of it.
16. Football Team 6-8
17. Raiders 7-7
18. Vikings 6-8
19. Patriots 6-8
20. Giants 5-9
21. 49ers 5-9
22. Eagles 4-9-1
23. Cowboys 5-9
24. Chargers 5-9
25. Texans 4-10
26. Broncos 5-9
27. Lions 5-9
28. Falcons 4-10
29. Panthers 4-10
30. Bengals 3-10-1
31. Jets 01-13
32. Jaguars 1-13
Keep an eye out as we will periodically update these rankings during the season.