»
Topic: Cubs News and Notes: Fly the W, John Lackey in Mesa, Spring Matters, Marquee access
Replies: 8   Last Post: Feb 27, 2020 2:38 PM by: cucubbie®
[ Main Cubs Boards - General Baseball ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 8  

Cubs News and Notes: Fly the W, John Lackey in Mesa, Spring Matters, Marquee access

[1]
Posted: Feb 27, 2020 8:31 AM

Cubs News and Notes: Fly the W, John Lackey in Mesa, Spring Matters, Marquee access

The Cubs got back to their winning ways yesterday, as they captured an 8-0 win over a Royals split squad. Full Story »

2020 admin level memberfounder_donation.jpg

Re: Cubs News and Notes: Fly the W, John Lackey in Mesa, Spring Matters, Marquee access

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 9:54 AM

Good stuff again Ken (I'm taking a break from twitter so posting here). I don;t get how fans don't understand the purpose of Spring Training. You nailed it. I am not excited about Lackey. I felt his personality was a hindrance to the team and a bad influence on young players like Willy.

founder_donation.jpg

Re: Cubs News and Notes: Fly the W, John Lackey in Mesa, Spring Matters, Marquee access

[1]
Posted: Feb 27, 2020 12:13 PM

Good first post Nick and glad to have you here!

[1]
Posted: Feb 27, 2020 2:05 PM

Nick rewteets every article I tweet. (Thanks again, Nick)

founder_donation.jpg

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 2:31 PM

I like CubsHQ stuff alot. Glad to share it.

founder_donation.jpg

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 2:38 PM

Glad you part of our growing community

[1]
Posted: Feb 27, 2020 10:54 AM

Totally agree with your view on spring training games Ken. I know each games performance must mean a lot to Lester also this spring. I know in reality managers like to alternate through their rotation lefty/righty, but in all honesty Lester at this stage of his career might be a 3rd or even a 4th starter in this rotation.
I didn't realize Hoerner is off to a 0-6 start (Sucks having no Cub broadcast on YouTube TV!) Really wanted to see the kid make the squad but would understand management leaving Nico in Iowa if he has a bad spring to build up his confidence.

founder_donation.jpg

[1]
Posted: Feb 27, 2020 2:30 PM

The Hoerner thing has me disappointed as well. I hope he is just a little slow out the gate and will pick up.

founder_donation.jpg

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 12:07 PM

Thanks Ken, Nick.

founder_donation.jpg

Replies: 8  
[ Main Cubs Boards - General Baseball ]
Start New Topic
613 people have read this post