NFL Power Rankings 2020: Bears move up after three wins
|Wednesday, September 30, 2020, 8:24 AM- -|
Another week has now come and gone in the NFL. There have been injuries, comebacks, no fans, and tons of fun in this crazy 2020 season.
We at ChicagoBearsHQ would love to deliver our Week 4 NFL Power Rankings after a fun and wild week 3.
We decided to just explain the top 15.
1. Chiefs 3-0 - The reigning Super Bowl champions will remain at the top of our list until we have a reason to change. A dominant win over the Ravens in week three solidifies this spot.
2. Seahawks 3-0 - Russell Willson had a phenomenal week one and followed it up with a huge week two and an even bigger week 3. The Seahawks have beaten the Falcons and Patriots and now Cowboys and have really let Russell Wilson go. He is in the early conversation for MVP.
3. Packers 3-0 - The Packers quietly went 13-3 last season and started off year 2 of the Matt Lafleur era with a bang, followed by another bang and another bang. Rodgers and the Packers have now put up 37 or more points two games in a row and showed it in primetime against the Saints.
4. Ravens 2-1- The revenge tour is under way for Baltimore. However, the tour hit a bump in the road when the Chiefs gave the Ravens all they can handle in week three. It’s back to the drawing board for the Ravens.
5. Bills 3-0 - The AFC East is finally for the taking and the Bills look primed to take it. Josh Allen had his best throwing game as a quarterback in week one and nearly topped it in week 2. An epic comeback win in week 3 officially puts the Bills on the map. The offense has anther dimension now with Stefon Diggs, and the defense didn’t really lose anybody. Maybe the Patriots could finally dethroned.
6. Steelers 3-0 - A healthy James Connor, Ju-Ju Smith-Schuster, Ben Roethlisberger and the addition of Eric Ebron to pair with what was one of the league’s top defenses should be a scary thought for the rest of the AFC — the Steelers are a team you should not sleep on. They put that on display in their three wins thus far, and although they have not played a team who has won a game yet, the Steelers have been impressive thus far. .
7. Titans 3-0 - A year after making the AFC Championship, the Titans look poised to take advantage of a division that has lacked a true contender. Tennessee was able to retain Ryan Tannehill and Derrick Henry, which was their bread and butter down the stretch. The Titans have a few defensive moves to go, but signing Jadeveon Clowney certainly helps. And the Titans have kept their hot streak alive after beating the Broncos, Jaguars and came from behind to beat the Vikings.
8. Buccaneers 2-1 - Sure they have added six-time Super Bowl champion Tom Brady to quarterback an offense that had two of the top five receivers in the NFL a year ago. Oh yeah, and Rob Gronkowski signed there. Oh yeah, and Leonard Fournette. The Bucs are looking for their offensive identity still but the talent is scary, and the Bucs are now 2-1 after a strong win over the beat-up Broncos in week 2.
9. Patriots 2-1 - 2020 will be the Patriot’s first crack at life without Tom Brady. So far, the Cam Newton experiment has been exciting. The Patriots have a dynamic offense mixed with one of the league’s top defensive teams. This Patriots team may be A LOT better than we thought. After a win against the Raiders, the Patriots sit at 2-1.
10. Saints 1-2 - After losing in the postseason in heartbreaking fashion three years in a row, Drew Brees resigned with one goal in mind : a Lombardi Trophy. The quest has hit a rocky start after losing on Monday night to the Raiders and Sunday night the the Packers. Brees seems to be showing his age without Michael Thomas on the field. The talent is undoubtedly there, we just need to see it.
11. Cardinals 2-1 - In Kyler Murray’s rookie season, the Cardinals were able to win some impressive games. Take Kliff Kingsbury’s offense and add all-pro DeAndre Hopkins to it, while also adding to the defense — the Cardinals suddenly appear as a team that could go from last place to the playoffs in 2020. They certainly looked like it as they took down the 49ers in week 1 and dominated Washington in week 2. Week 3 was a different story as the Lions beat the Cardinals.
12. 49ers 2-1 - The 49ers lost last season’s Super Bowl and a few important pieces, but still have a highly talented roster in one of the leagues toughest divisions. The issue for the 49ers has been health and that was on display on Sunday’s loss to the Cardinals. The Niners are loaded with talent, but need the health as Bosa, Mostert, Coleman, Kittle, Garopolo, Thomas, Sherman and more are injured. Even with the injuries, the 49ers beat up on the Giants.
13. Bears 3-0 - Cracking our top fifteen for the second time this year is the Chicago Bears. Mitchell Trubisky and now Nick Foles have combined to put together three wins, and that defense looks scary again. All three wins by Chicago have had its flaws, just imagine if this team puts it all together.
14. Cowboys 1-2 - The Cowboys have an extremely talented team and they put that on display on last week in a comeback win against Atlanta. Cowboys followed that up with a tough loss to the Seahawks in shootout fashion. The Cowboys will be looking to build on that this week.
15. Rams 2-1 - In a year where the Rams were expected to take a step back after losing many pieces after last year, the Rams have turned head in two weeks. The Rams hung on to beat a strong Cowboys team, and destroyed what was expected to be a strong Eagles team. Good start for LA, but it took a turn with a tough loss to the Bills on Sunday.
16. Colts 2-1
17. Raiders 2-1
18. Browns 2-1
19. Vikings 0-3
20. Texans 0-3
21. Falcons 0-3
22. Eagles 0-2-1
23. Chargers 1-2
24. Panthers 1-2
25. Lions 1-2
26. Dolphins 1-2
27. Football Team 1-2
28. Jaguars 1-2
29. Bengals 0-2-1
30. Broncos 0-3
31. Giants 0-3
32. Jets 0-3
Keep an eye out as we will periodically update these rankings during the season.