NFL Power Rankings: Bears keep losing
|Saturday, December 12, 2020, 7:24 PM- -|
We at BearsHQ would love to deliver our Week 14 NFL Power Rankings that even included a game on Wednesday night.
We decided to explain the top 15 rankings:
1. Chiefs 11-1 - The reigning Super Bowl champions have stayed steady with the top spot in our rankings. After a tough win over the Panthers, the Chiefs continue to rattle off wins and look to be the cream of the crop in the AFC. A strong comeback against the Raiders and domination of the Bucs and Broncos solidifies this choice.
2. Saints 10-2 - After losing in the postseason in heartbreaking fashion three years in a row, Drew Brees resigned with one goal in mind: a Lombardi Trophy. Unfortunately, that road to a Super Bowl hits a bump with Drew Brees sidelined. The Saints have rattled off nine wins in a row and are building as an NFC favorite now. Taysom Hill at QB is looking to keep the streak going.
3. Packers 9-3 - The Packers quietly went 13-3 last season and started off year 2 of the Matt Lafleur era with a bang, and a 9-3 record to show for it. It was a little too close for comfort against the Jaguars, but a win is a win for Green Bay. They’re exciting, but beatable — though they’ve looked dominant over the last few weeks.
4. Bills 9-3 - The AFC East is finally for the taking and the Bills look primed to take it. Looking stay hot, the Bills lost a heartbreaker on a Hail Mary play against Arizona. Otherwise, the Bills have been one of the best teams in football as of late and get a chance to prove it this week against the Steelers.
5. Steelers 11-1 - The Steelers have looked beatable lately and they finally took their first loss, to the Washington Football team. 11-1 is still the best record in the league, and the Steelers are still top five — don’t panic.
6. Rams 9-4 - In a year where the Rams were expected to take a step back after losing many pieces after last year, the Rams have turned heads in 13 weeks. The Rams have swept the NFC EAST and lost to the Bills, 49ers, and Miami. But these Rams have also whooped the Bears and gave the Seahawks a loss and beat Brady and the Bucs. The Rams are really looking complete as of late, or so we thought before the 49ers beat them. But a rebound against the Cardinals and New England leaves them in first in the West.
7. Browns 9-3 - The Browns’ now sit at 9-3 after a gritty win over the Titans. The Ravens and Steelers have beat up on them, but the Browns have looked good against anybody else but the Raiders. The Browns lost Odell Beckham Jr. for the year, but nonetheless, a strong 9-3 record and the best running back duo in the league puts Cleveland in our top 10.
8. Buccaneers 7-5 - A team with tons of expectations is has struggled to live up to them lately. With all of the weapons this team has, the offense has struggled against the Giants and then looked terrible against the Saints on Sunday. The Bucs rebounded with a dominant defeat of the Panthers but was then beat by both the Rams and the Chiefs. (Coming off a Bye)
9. Titans 8-4 - A year after making the AFC Championship, the Titans looked poised to take advantage of a division that has lacked a true contender. Tennessee was able to retain Ryan Tannehill and Derrick Henry, which was their bread and butter down the stretch. The Titans have had a few tough weeks and got a much-needed victory over the Ravens and followed it up with a huge win over the Colts. They followed that up with a bad performance against the Browns — its been up and down for Tennessee.
10. Seahawks 8-4 - Russell Willson and the Seahawks had lost three of four games, and desperately needed a win against the Cardinals — and Russell delivered. Wilson has solidified himself as an MVP candidate but hasn’t gotten enough help as of late. The Seahawks are pass rush is coming around, and this team looks more complete every game — or so we thought before they lost to the Giants.
11. Colts 8-4 - The Colts were in our initial top 15 heading into the year, but a loss at the hands of the Jaguars dropped them out of it. The Colts have been up and down this year but a strong win over the Titans on Thursday Night Football and then beating the Packers was enough to raise them, but they were then destroyed by the Titans. A nice rebound over the Texans keeps the Colts near the top ten.
12. Ravens 7-5 - Baltimore sits at 7-5 after a tough loss in a monsoon against the Patriots, an overtime loss to Tennessee, and a five-point loss to Pittsburgh without many starters due to Covid — and a rebound win over the Cowboys. The Ravens have looked beatable this season, and teams are starting to beat them. Baltimore needs to get back on track.
13. Dolphins 8-4 - Whether it's Ryan Fitzpatrick or Tua Tagovailoa, the Miami Dolphins continue to win games. The Dolphins are in every game, and have destroyed the 49ers and the Rams now, and beat the Cardinals and Chargers. Do not sleep on the rebuilding Dolphins, even though they came back to life a bit with a loss to the Broncos, because they rebounded with a nice win over the Jets. This past week it was the Bengals they beat.
14. Raiders 7-5 - The Raiders are quietly one of the most competitive teams in the league. They are well-coached and can run the ball, and have been winners against the Saints, Chiefs, and Browns in games they were underdogs in. Keep an eye on Las Vegas to turn some heads down the stretch after they handily beat the Broncos. A tough loss from the Chiefs doesn’t make me jump ship on this team, but a dominating one at the hands of the Falcons might. Plus, they basically lost to the Jets — keep an eye on Vegas to fall.
15. Giants 5-7 - For the first time this year the Giants are in our top-15. The leaders of the NFC East, the Giants have been playing great football over the past few weeks. Wins over the football team and Seahawks stand out — and a few things go differently against the Bucs or Eagles and this team is in the thick of it. Giants are trending in the right direction.
16. Cardinals 6-6
17. Football Team 5-7
18. Vikings 6-6
19. Patriots 6-7
20. 49ers 5-7
21. Bears 5-7
22. Lions 5-7
23. Texans 4-8
24. Falcons 4-8
25. Eagles 3-8-1
26. Broncos 4-8
27. Panthers 4-8
28. Chargers 3-9
29. Cowboys 3-9
30. Bengals 2-9-1
31. Jaguars 1-11
32. Jets 0-12
Keep an eye out as we will periodically update these rankings during the season.