NFL Power Rankings: Where do the Chicago Bears rank?
|Wednesday, November 6, 2019 8:51 AM- -|
After yet another week of the NFL season, we at DaBears HQ took a look around the NFL and put together a new edition of power rankings. Spoiler alert: there’s a new number 1.
We decided to explain just a few of the rankings.
1. 49ers - The 8-0 Niners have proven they are legit as can be. Big plays defensively from Richard Sherman and Nick Bosa mixed with a good game plan offensively has kept the 49ers unbeatable thus far; in fact, the only undefeated team left.
2. Saints- The Saints look even better than before with Drew Brees back under center. The defense still performed up to par, and the Brees led offense put up over 30. The Saints seem to be the best team in the NFC and have backed that up by beating good teams.
3. Patriots- The now 8-1 Patriots drop two spots after getting blown out by the Baltimore Ravens. The defense is still great, and the team is still led by Brady and Bellichick so I wouldn’t hit the panic button just yet.
4. Ravens- The Ravens sit at 6-2 after eight weeks, coming off an imposing win over the Seahawks and a dominating defeat of the previous number one Patriots. Lamar Jackson looks like an MVP candidate, and the Ravens D is improving weekly.
5. Seahawks- Russell Wilson looks like THE MVP so far, and Pete Carrol is an astute coach. They lost a tough one at home against the Ravens but rebounded against the Buccaneers. The Seahawks are still are on of the league’s best. Keep an eye on the Seahawks in a very competitive NFC West.
6. Texans- The Texans went into Kansas City and beat the Chiefs, but then lost a divisional battle with the Colts. They got back on track and won a close game against the Raiders. They without a doubt have a big-time offense and contending roster. They just need to put it together, they almost did that last week.
7. Chiefs- Don’t fall off the Chiefs’ bandwagon after losing a tough game in primetime. Why? Because they answered the call with Matt Moore at QB and beat the Vikings. The Chiefs did the scary thing, kept the team afloat without Patrick Mahomes. As he returns, watch out.
8. Cowboys- After winning three games and then losing three, the Cowboys won a telling game over their division rival Eagles and followed that up with a big win over the Giants. Cowboys roster looks dynamic, and they need to continue to build on it.
9. Packers- The Packers have won their division games, lost a tough one against the Eagles, and responded by dominating the Cowboys, beating the Lions, crushing the Raiders, and beating the Chiefs on prime time. Just when it looked like the Packers would continue to separate themselves from the back, the Chargers dominated them - so they drop in out rankings.
10. Eagles- Roster wise the Eagles can compete for a Super Bowl, not to mention the Eagles beat the Packers in Green Bay and throttled the Jets. They had a few tough losses but earned a much-needed win over the Bills in Buffalo and beat the struggling Bears at home. The Eagles have needed to gameplay efficiently against good defenses, and have kept pace with the Cowboys.
11. Colts- The Colts have looked great against good teams and also lost some games to teams they should beat. The Colts had huge wins over the Chiefs and Texans, but then lost to the Steelers and lost their QB during the game — Colts fallout of the top ten after a loss to the Big Ben less Steelers.
12. Vikings- The Vikings have looked good against bad teams, but looked terrible in division games against the Packers and Bears. The offense looks great on their winning streak, but they failed to beat the Chiefs without Mahomes. The Vikings have a great roster but are too inconsistent to be in the top ten.
13. Bills- The Bills are better than you think. The defense is one of the best in the league, and they look like they continue to do enough offensively to get it done. They gave the Patriot’s their hardest test and are keeping pace with them in the AFC East. The Bills needed to get back on track, and the rebounded nicely against the Redskins.
14. Rams- Rams won their first three, lost the next three, and just won their seventh game of the year. The nest few weeks will be huge in defining their season. Despite their inconsistency, they still have a Super Bowl-caliber roster. Keep an eye on the Rams.
15. Panthers- Kyle Allen lost a brutal one, but the Panthers answered with a big win over the Titans. The defense is coming together, and this looks like Kyle Allen’s team.
16. Chargers- After a disappointing start in the season, the Chargers have rebounded by beating the Bears on the road and throttling the Packers at home. Chargers are a climbing team in our rankings, so keep an eye on the Bolts.
17. Bears- The defense is still near the tops on the NFL, but they have been on the field way too much. The Bears have been disappointing all year long on the offensive side. Head coach Matt Nagy continues to make questionable calls left and right. The Bears have a steep road ahead as they attempt to get back into the playoff picture, as of right now, it does not look very bright.
The rest of the rankings: