|Ht./Wt.:||6-6, 317 lbs|
B I O
PRO CAREER: Entering his second season with the Bears, appearing in 84 games with 76 starts in four seasons with the Arizona Cardinals (2012-15) and two with the Bears (2016-17) … part of an offensive line that allowed just 27 sacks in in 2015 (tied for 4th fewest in the NFL) and 28 sacks in 2014 (tied for the 6th fewest in the NFL) … helped the Cardinals gain 6,692 yards from scrimmage in 2015, which ranked 2nd in the NFL and 2nd in franchise history … one of six offensive linemen in the NFL that started all 16 contests as rookies in 2012 ... started 3 of 3 postseason contests.
2017 SEASON: Started 15 games at RT. Inactive for Game 16.
PREVIOUS SEASONS: 2016: Started 15 games at right tackle ... inactive Game 10 ... paved the way for rookie Jordan Howard to 1,313 rushing yards (2nd in NFL) ... helped the Bears to the 3rd most passing yards (gross and net) in franchise history. 2015: Started the Cardinals final 14 games of the regular season and both playoff games at RT… helped Arizona gain 6,692 yards from scrimmage, which ranked 2nd in the NFL and 2nd in franchise annals … part of an offensive line that allowed just 27 sacks (tied for 4th fewest in the NFL) … on the reserve/suspended list for the first two games of the season. 2014: Started every game at RT, the second time in three years … part of line that allowed just 28 sacks on the season, tied for the 6th fewest in the NFL in 2014. 2013: Played in 8 games, seeing time at RT and as an eligible extra blocker … inactive for the first 6 games of the season … active but DNP vs. Sea (10/17) … made season debut vs. Atlanta (10/27). 2012: Started all 16 games at RT in his rookie season … was the only Cardinals rookie to start every game and was one of six rookie offensive linemen in the NFL to start all 16 games as a rookie.
COLLEGE: Appeared in 37 games at Ole Miss, starting the final 29 contests at RT … played three years at Mississippi after attending Hargrave Military Academy following his senior year of high school … two-time All-SEC selection, never allowed a QB sack while playing with the first unit offensive line and finished his career with 239 knockdowns and 29 TD-resulting blocks … helped lead the way for 14 individual 100-yard rushing performances and two 200-yard performances … as a junior in '11, earned third team All-SEC honors from the league's coaches and was named first-team All-SEC by the NFL Draft Report after starting all 12 games at RT … recorded 102 knockdowns, the most by any offensive tackle in the league … attended Hargrave (Chatham, Va.) Military Academy following high school, where he was rated the top prep player in the nation.
PERSONAL: Attended Liberty Christian (Lynchburg, Va.) Academy … named All-State and All-Virginia Independent first team selection as an offensive tackle and nose guard … as a senior, part of a defensive unit that allowed 117 points en route to capturing their second league title, ranking 20th in the state while compiling a 13-0 record … posted 21 tackles, 4 sacks and 1 interception … helped guide the team to a 10-1 record and the league title as a junior, producing 35 tackles, 6 sacks, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery for a defensive unit that allowed only 88 points for the season … participated in the Offense-Defense All-America Bowl.
Latest Bobby Massie News
3 months ago by Cole Little
Saints march into Chicago, defeat Bears in overtime
3 months ago by Cole Little
Bears offensive lineman leaves game with knee injury
- Breakdown: Cubs signed their backup catcher -
- Cubs Corner with Tim Stebbins: Cubs offseason talk, Trade rumors, Potential free agents -
- It's official: Cubs sign catcher Austin Romine -
- Commentary: Jon Lester deserved better end to Cubs' career -
- Bears reportedly hiring Sean Desai -
- Cubs release statement on the passing of Hank Aaron -
- Cubs signing catcher Austin Romine -
- Hall of Famer Hank Aaron passes away -
- Bears should consider Jonathan Gannon for defensive coordinator role -
- Commentary: Thank you letter to Jon Lester -
- Chicago Sports HQ Podcast: Cubs offseason strategy, NFL playoffs, Bulls decent, more -
- Bryce Harper had Cubs at top of his list in 2019 -
- Commentary: Cubs should bring back Jeremy Jeffress -
- Bears interview George Edwards for defensive coordinator role -
- Cubs release lefty reliever so he can sign with Seibu Lions -
- Click the link below to read more!
by CubsHQ News®
- Copyright © 2018 ChicagoBearsHQ. Disclaimer and Privacy Statement
- Contact Us
- Advertise with Us
- >> UPGRADE! <<
ChicagoBearsHQ is an independent site and is not affiliated in any way with the Chicago Bears or the NFL.