NFL Power Rankings: Where do the Chicago Bears rank?
|Thursday, November 12, 2020 8:22 AM- -|
Another week has now come and gone in the NFL, we are past the halfway point. There have been injuries, comebacks, no fans (at least in most stadiums), and tons of fun in this crazy 2020 season.
We at BearsHQ deliver our Week 10 NFL Power Rankings after a fun and wild week 9. We decided to explain the top 15.
1. Steelers 8-0 - Another win for the Steelers against an extremely depleted Cowboys team keeps Pittsburgh as the only undefeated team left. I think the Steelers are the most complete team and roster in the league, and they have a perfect record to show for it, but the way they beat the Cowboys drops them to number 2 for me.
2. Chiefs 8-1 - The reigning Super Bowl champions have reclaimed the top spot in our rankings. After a tough win over the Panthers, the Chiefs continue to rattle off wins and look to be the cream of the crop in the AFC.
3. Ravens 6-2- The revenge tour rebounded this week. Baltimore sits at 6-2 after a tough win against the Colts on Sunday. Lamar is back to using his legs, the defense looks scary, and the rest of the league should keep an eye on B-More as they look to keep pace with the Steelers.
4. Saints 6-2 - After losing in the postseason in heartbreaking fashion three years in a row, Drew Brees resigned with one goal in mind: a Lombardi Trophy. With health back, the Saints have rattled off five wins in a row and are building off a dominant win over the Bucs on Sunday Night, they come in as an NFC favorite now.
5. Packers 6-2 - The Packers quietly went 13-3 last season and started year 2 of the Matt Lafleur era with a bang and a 6-2 record to show for it. Rodgers and the Packers had put up 30 or more points four games in a row before playing the Buccaneers, but the Bucs blew them out. The Packers lost a tough one to the Vikings and rebounded with a strong win over a depleted 49ers squad.
6. Bills 7-2 - The AFC East is finally for the taking, and the Bills look primed to take it with a win over the scuffling Patriots. The Bills have won three in a row, including a statement win over the Seahawks on Sunday.
7. Seahawks 6-2 - Russell Willson and the Seahawks have now lost two of three games. Wilson has solidified himself as an MVP candidate but hasn’t gotten enough help as of late. The Seahawks are still a contender, but there is doubt in my mind.
8. Buccaneers 6-3 - A team with tons of expectations is has struggled to live up to them lately. With all of the weapons this team has, the offense has struggled against the Giants and looked terrible against the Saints on Sunday. The Bucs take a huge drop in our rankings.
9. Titans 6-2 - A year after making the AFC Championship, the Titans look poised to take advantage of a division that has lacked a true contender. Tennessee retained Ryan Tannehill and Derrick Henry, which was their bread and butter down the stretch. After being down early against Pittsburgh, the Titans fought back and missed a field goal late to lose, but they fought. Tennessee then lost to Cincinnati, but they got back on track this week against Chicago.
10. Dolphins 5-3 - Whether it's Ryan Fitzpatrick or Tua Tagovailoa, the Miami Dolphins continue to win games. The Dolphins are in every game, destroyed the 49ers and the Rams now, and beat the Cardinals. The Dolphins have won four in a row after narrowly losing to Seattle. Do not sleep on the rebuilding Dolphins.
11. Raiders 5-3 - The Raiders are quietly one of the most competitive teams in the league. They are well-coached and can run the ball, and have been winners against the Saints, Chiefs, and Browns now in games they were underdogs in. Keep an eye on Las Vegas to turn some heads down the stretch after they narrowly beat the Chargers.
12. Cardinals 5-3 - The Cardinals are back out of the top 10 after a tough loss to the Dolphins on Sunday. We can’t ignore the upset of the Seahawks on Sunday Night. Kyler Murray has been slinging the ball and running all over the place. Keep an eye on the Cardinals as the year continues.
13. Colts 5-3 - The Colts were in our initial top 15 heading into the year, but a loss at the Jaguars' hands dropped them out of it. The Colts have been up and down this year. They have had a string of wins against the Bears and Vikings but bad losses against the Jaguars and Browns. In the last few weeks, a come from behind win over the Bengals and a big win over the Lions is enough to raise the Colts to 11, but a loss to the Ravens drops them to 13.
14. Browns 5-3 - The Browns’ now sit at 5-3 after a tough loss to the Raiders. The Ravens and Steelers have beat up on them, but the Browns have looked good against anybody else but the Raiders. The Browns lost Odell Beckham Jr. for the year, but a strong 5-3 record keeps Cleveland in our top 15. (Coming off a bye)
15. Rams 5-3 - In a year where the Rams were expected to take a step back after losing many pieces after last year, the Rams have turned heads in six weeks. The Rams have swept the NFC EAST and lost to the Bills and now 49ers so far, and after whooping the Bears, the Rams have solidified themselves as a contender in the NFC. Ehhh, not so fast. Miami destroyed LA this week. This team’s inconsistencies leave them just on the brink of our top 15.
Football Team 2-6
Keep an eye out as we will periodically update these rankings during the season.