NFL Power Rankings 2020: Bears slide down after loss to Colts
|Wednesday, October 7, 2020, 9:50 AM- -|
Another week has now come and gone in the NFL, we are now 25% through the season. There have been injuries, comebacks, and tons of fun in this crazy 2020 season.
We at ChicagoBearsHQ would love to deliver our Week 5, NFL Power Rankings after a fun and wild week 4. We decided to explain the top 15. 1. Chiefs 4-0 - The reigning Super Bowl champions will remain at the top of our list until we have a reason to change. A dominant win over the Ravens in week three and the Patriots in week four solidify this spot. 2. Seahawks 4-0 - Russell Willson had a phenomenal week one and followed it up with a huge week two and an even bigger week three and another big week
We at ChicagoBearsHQ would love to deliver our Week 5, NFL Power Rankings after a fun and wild week 4.
We decided to explain the top 15.
1. Chiefs 4-0 - The reigning Super Bowl champions will remain at the top of our list until we have a reason to change. A dominant win over the Ravens in week three and the Patriots in week four solidify this spot.
2. Seahawks 4-0 - Russell Willson had a phenomenal week one and followed it up with a huge week two and an even bigger week three and another big week
the Seahawks have beaten the Falcons and Patriots and Cowboys, and now Dolphins have really let Russell Wilson go. He is in the early conversation for MVP as he has tied Peyton Manning for most TD passes in the first four weeks with 16.
3. Packers 4-0 - The Packers quietly went 13-3 last season and started year 2 of the Matt Lafleur era with a bang, followed by another bang and another bang. Rodgers and the Packers have now put up 30 or more points four games in a row and look unstoppable.
4. Ravens 3-1 - The revenge tour is underway for Baltimore. Baltimore sits at 3-1 after a dominant win over the football team on Sunday. Lamar is back to using his legs, the defense looks solid, and the rest of the league should keep an eye on B-More.
5. Bills 4-0 - The AFC East is finally for the taking, and the Bills look primed to take it. Josh Allen has emerged as a legitimate MVP candidate, and the Bills looks scary in the AFC. The offense has more playmakers, and the defense is a force to be reckoned with.
6. Steelers 3-0 - A healthy James Connor, Ju-Ju Smith-Schuster, Ben Roethlisberger, and the addition of Eric Ebron to pair with what was one of the league's top defenses should be a scary thought for the rest of the AFC — the Steelers are a team you should not sleep on. They put that on display in their three wins thus far, and although they have not played a team who has won a game yet, the Steelers have been impressive thus far. (DID NOT PLAY, COVID-19 POSTPONE)
7. Titans 3-0 - A year after making the AFC Championship, the Titans look poised to take advantage of a division that has lacked a true contender. Tennessee retained Ryan Tannehill and Derrick Henry, which was their bread and butter down the stretch. The Titans have a few defensive moves to go, but signing Jadeveon Clowney certainly helps. And the Titans have kept their hot streak alive after beating the Broncos, Jaguars and came from behind to beat the Vikings. (DID NOT PLAY, COVID-19 POSTPONE)
8. Buccaneers 3-1 - A team with tons of expectations had a huge game on Sunday. After falling behind to the Chargers, the Bucs and Tom Brady rattled off five touchdowns and hung on to grab their third win. The offense is starting to click, which is scary for the rest of the league.
9. Saints 3-2 - After losing in the postseason in heartbreaking fashion three years in a row, Drew Brees resigned with one goal in mind: a Lombardi Trophy. The quest has hit a rocky start after losing on Monday night to the Raiders and Sunday night the Packers. Brees seems to be showing his age without Michael Thomas on the field. The talent is undoubtedly there; we just need to see it. The Saints showed that skill in a beat-down of the Lions on Sunday, which may be a turning point for New Orleans.
10. Patriots 2-2 - 2020 will be the Patriot's first crack at life without Tom Brady. So far, the Cam Newton experiment has been exciting. The Patriots have a dynamic offense mixed with one of the league's top defensive teams. This Patriots team maybe A LOT better than we thought. Without Cam Newton, who tested positive for Covid-19, the Pats were no match for the Chiefs. The Patriots sit at 2-2.
11. Rams 3-1 - In a year where the Rams were expected to take a step back after losing many pieces after last year, the Rams have turned heads in four weeks. The Rams hung on to beat a strong Cowboys team and destroyed what was expected to be a strong Eagles team. Good start for LA, but it took a turn with a tough loss to the Bills on Sunday. A strong rebound against the Giants puts the Rams at 11 in our rankings.
12. Colts 3-1 - The Colts were in our initial top 15 heading into the year, but a loss at the hands of the Jaguars dropped them out of it. Now, after three straight wins, including a strong performance against the Bears — the Colts are back in the top 15. With a defense like that, all Phillip Rivers need to do is not turn the ball over and this Colts team is scary.
13. Browns 3-1 - After a week one loss to Baltimore, the Browns have now rattled off three wins in a row — this week, a 49-38 win over the Cowboys in Dallas. Baker Mayfield is being relied on to manage the game while the Browns running attack sets the tone. The Browns are now firmly in our top-15 and looking to stay.
14. 49ers 2-2 - The 49ers lost last season's Super Bowl and a few essential pieces, but still have a highly talented roster in one of the league's toughest divisions. The issue for the 49ers has been health, and that was on display on Sunday's loss to the Cardinals. The Niners are loaded with talent but need the health as Bosa, Mostert, Coleman, Kittle, Garopolo, Thomas, Sherman, and more are injured. This week they lost a tough one on Sunday Night Football to the Eagles but are expected to get Jimmy G back soon.
15. Bears 3-1 - The Bears fall to 15 after a bad showing on Sunday. After three consecutive wins and a quarterback change, the offense did not show up Sunday against the Colts. The Bears struggled to get the run game going, Foles was not very sharp in his first start, the defense was unable to get off the field as the Bears were handed their first loss of the year.
Rest of the rankings:
Football Team 1-3
Keep an eye out as we will periodically update these rankings during the season.